Standard: Study the Niger River and the relationship of vegetation zones of forest, savannah, and desert to trade in gold, salt, food, and slaves; and the growth of the Ghana and Mali empires
Aim: The historians of 2017 will be able to summarize how the empire of Ghana rose to power and how/why it fell.
2. Quick Question: Is it okay for one country to take over another country if they promise to protect them in return for their loyalty?
3. We're going to spend some time reviewing the messages from Friday's presentation on cyberbullying. We're going use our history portfolios to take a pledge against cyberbullying. Please make a copy of the image below to use in for your post.
In your pledge, I want you to summarize why cyberbullying is dangerous and describe why you personally think we need to bring an end to cyberbullying.
4. I want you to watch this presentation on the empire of Ghana:
5. After you watch the presentation, add to your notes on medieval West Africa (you started taking these notes last week). From this presentation, you should be able to add the following notes to your section on medieval Ghana:
- how the empire got started
- where Ghana was located
- what Ghana traded
- how trading worked
- how Ghana was influenced by Islam
- how the empire of Ghana declined