Standard: 7.7.3. Explain how and where each empire arose and how the Aztec and Incan empires were defeated by the Spanish.
Aim: The historians of 2017 will be able to retell the story of Cortez and and fall of Tenochtitlan in a flow chart and publish the chat to their history portfolio.
1. Turn in the text from your Tumblr post here. All you need to do is go to your Tumblr, copy the text of your post, and paste it in the form here.
2. Tweet Storm: You need to tweet twice. One tweet needs to be a cause for the collapse of Tenochtitlan, the other needs to be an effect of the collapse of Tenochtitlan. Each tweet needs to start with "Cause:" or "Effect:" so it is easy for us to know what you're talking about.
3. Open up your annotation text from yesterday's second task (this is the document that I am talking about). You are going to be discussing what you highlighted and why with the people at your table. The entire class will do this at the same time.
4. Make a copy of this document. For this activity you need to retell the story of the Cortez and and fall of the Aztecs by writing one complete sentence annotating each of the pictures. When you are finished with the activity, embed the flow chart on your history portfolio (due tomorrow).
5. Exit ticket question: Why do you think the Aztecs called the Spanish, cowards?
Homework: Finish your presentation on the fall of the Aztec empire. You will need to complete the slide for section 8.
Need a paper copy? There are paper copies of section 8 in the homework folder. You will need to read section 8 and create a paper version of the presentation slide
Need a quick review? This video does a good job reviewing many of the important events in the Aztec empire.