Aim: The historians of 2017 will be able to accurately use key vocabulary words correctly in sentences.
1. Submit homework.
2. Quick Question: What's important to you?
Update: What each homeroom finds important (Olivet, Kansas, Stanford).
3. We will watch CNN Student News and have a classroom discussion about the new stories we watched.
4. Vocabulary workout! Click on this link and wait for Mr. Sanders to give you instructions before clicking on anything else. (round 2)
- Canal Lock--A gated chamber in a canal used to raise or lower the water level.
- Arch Bridge--A bridge supported by arches that are shallow parts of a circle.
- Movable Type--Individual characters made out of wood or metal that can be arranged to create a job for printing them over again.
- Porcelain--A hard, white pottery; also called China.
- Mass-Produce--To make similar items in quantity by using standardized designs and dividing labor among workers.
- Gunpowder--An explosive powder made of saltpeter and other materials.
- Alchemy--A combination of science, magic and philosophy that was practical in medieval times.
- Catapult--A slingshot-like war machine used for shooting rocks, shells, and other objects.
Homework: No homework this weekend. Come back on Monday energized and ready to finish the quarter strong! Enjoy.