Aim: The historians of 2017 will be able to compare and contrast the social standing of Japanese Samurai's to American military service members.
1. Homework Quiz: Go into our Socrative room and wait for the quiz to start.
1. Submit homework: Turn in your reading reflection on the cultural influences of Japan.
2. Quick Question: In your opinion, do you believe that the military is a respected position? Are people that join the military considered part of the American nobel class? Why or why not?
3. Complete this activity where you create visual representation of the cultural influences on Japan. When you finish the activity, post your completed work to you history portfolio.
4. We will watch this clip then read more about the role of Samurai's in medieval Japan.
5. In a Tumblr post, using complete sentences, complete this reflection question: In your opinion, are American military personelle respected and treated with the same level of respect as the Japanese Samurais were?
Homework: Read more about Samurai and the role of loyalty and complete the learning reflection.