Standard: 7.4.5. Describe the importance of written and oral traditions in the transmission of African history and culture.
Aim: The historians of 2017 will create and turn in a YouTube video describing the West African cultural tradition they investigated.
1. Quick Review: Complete the quick review here. This will be counted as a participation grade today.
2. Use this stopwatch application and read your script silently to yourself. Start the stopwatch, start reading your script, when you finish reading stop the stopwatch and look at the time.Remember, your video needs to be 2-3 minutes long and all your information should be accurate.
3. We're going to be going over all the different privacy settings on YouTube that you need to know about. By the end of step three you should know that not everything on YouTube is public and there is ways to save videos in your account and keep them private until you want to share them. It is VERY important that you follow all the directions carefully!!!
4. Create your video using these steps. Follow them closely! Submit the link to your video here. The video link needs to work when I click on it, so make sure you check your link before you turn it in.
5. If you finish early, go back through the past week and make sure you've completed all the pieces of all the lessons. There was a ton of work and I want you to make sure you've completed everything that was required of you!
After that, if you still have extra time, you can watch today's episode of CNN Student News.
Homework: Read about farming villages and trading cities in West Africa and complete a learning reflection.