1. Technology is a tool, not a toy.
2. We use technology tools to help us study the past.
3. Technology can help us think critically and be creative.
Objective: The historians of 2017 will be able to use common keyboard shortcuts that will make themselves more efficient when using computers.
Task 1: Submit your homework here.
Task 2 Quick Question: Of all the different topics you studied in history last year, which was your favorite? Why? (Examples: Ancient Egypt, Greece, Hebrews, Rome, Mesopotamia, China, etc.)
Task 3: Track Mr. Sanders as he demonstrates how to add apps to your Google Chrome.
Once you understand how it works, add the following apps to your Google account:
- Cloud Reader
- deviantArt Muro
If you have extra time, explore 3DTin or deviantArt Muro.
Task 4: Track the BrainPop video on internet safety.
Task 5: Practice with Mr. Sanders as he goes through the different keyboard shortcuts.
- Ctrl + (makes the window larger)
- Ctrl - (makes the window smaller)
- Ctrl c (to make a copy of something)
- Ctrl v (to past what you copied)
- Ctrl x (to cut what you selected)
Homework: Create your world map. You will be using this map in class tomorrow as a reference for your first Google drawing!