Aim: The historians of 2017 will be able create a map of the Aztec capital city of Tenochtitlan, accurately labeling five features of the city, and post it on their history portfolio.
Submit last night's homework.
1. Quick Question: Analyze the picture below. In one complete paragraph, describe what you think life was like in the Aztec empire.
2. Tweet out one thing that you learned from the homework reading last night. There will be a quiz on the on Friday for all the different readings so make sure you actually reading and learning about this fascinating civilization.
3. Watch part three of Aztecs: Inside the Hidden Empire. After watching today's segment, complete the video reflection in your weekly success tracker. Remember, these reflections will be a large part of your grade for the week, make sure you're including information that you could only learn in the video, AND your evaluation (opinion/thoughts) of what you saw.
4. Using Google Draw, create and label a map of the Aztec capital city of Tenochtitlan. Your map must accurately reflect the layout of the city and have have five or more features (parts) of the city labeled correctly. You will need to figure out how to figure out what needs to be labeled (hint: look at tonight's homework reading). Labels like "road," "bridge," and "house" don't count, you must be specific. This is not easy!
Use these resources to help you create an accurate map:
Here is an example of an incomplete map that a student created last year.
5. Post your map to your portfolio. If you need to see how to embed your map on your portfolio, you can click here.
Homework: Read about the city of Tenochtitlan and complete the learning reflection.
When you finish:
Please e-mail me if you have any questions.
Yesterday I got to visit the place in the picture below. I will give the first person to correctly identify the place, and leave a comment on this blog post, extra credit on their quarter four history grade!
Today I'm spending the day at the Google London office at the Google Teacher Academy!