Standard: 7.7.3 Explain how and where each empire arose and how the Aztec and Incan empires were defeated by the Spanish.
Aim: The historians of 2017 will be able to critique Francisco Pizarro, and the Spanish's role in the conquest of the Incan Empire.
1. Turn in your current event reflections here.
2. Quick Question: If you could be a member of an empire or civilization that existed in the middle ages, which role in that society would you like to have? For example, I would like to be a trader in the Aztec empire because you get to travel on behalf of the ruler in search of special items and bring them back to the ruler. If you were a good trader you would be handsomely rewarded.
3. Turn in the link to your Aztec presentation here.
4. We are going to close our computers so that you can listen to the story of the Incas.
5. For task five you have three options (due Thursday):
- Option 1: Create a six box comic strip showing the expansion and fall of the Inca empire. Post your comic to your portfolio.
- Option 2: Create a six box storyboard in Google Docs showing the expansion and fall of the Inca empire. Make sure you use images and descriptions. Post your storyboard to your portfolio.
- Option 3: Write a two paragraph blog post describing the expansion and fall of the Inca empire. Make sure you add a picture to your post.
Homework: Get lots of rest, eat a great breakfast, and come ready to perform at your best on the CST!
This video dives deep into the history of Francisco Pizarro: