Standard: 7.4.5. Describe the importance of written and oral traditions in the transmission of African history and culture.
Aim: The historians of 2017 will be able to create a flow chart illustrating the history of Medieval West Africa from the start of the Empire in Ghana to the fall of the Kingdom of Mali.
2. Quick Question: Describe your experience of writing a script and creating a YouTube video about West African culture. What did you enjoy? What was frustrating?
3. If you haven't done so yet, turn in the following items:
4. We will enjoy this video on how to hold a Chromebook starring our friend Mauricio!
5. Create a flow chart for the history of Medieval West Africa. The first event should be the rise of the Empire of Ghana and the final event should be the fall of the Kingdom of Mali.
You might need to use these past lessons to review:
6. On your YouTube account, you have my permission to subscribe to the following channels below. However, you cannot subscribe to any other channel without my permission! If you know of a channel that you think we should be able to subscribe to, e-mail me.
Homework: Get lots of rest so that you can come in and destroy the writing CST tomorrow :). Watch this video that my principal created last year before the students took the writing CST.